Anzac biscuits are iconic here in Australia, they are super delicious and I have made literally hundreds of these and they taste so amazing every time.
Well I hope you enjoy them as much as we have. Cheers Karla
2 Cup (180) rolled oats
1 cup (150g) plain flour
2/3 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup (115) golden syrup
125g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 tablespoon hot water
1. pre- heat the oven 160c
2. Place oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring until melted.
4. Combine the bicarbonate soda with the water and add to the butter mixture.
5. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well to combine, spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten to 7 cm rounds, allowing room to spread.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until deep golden colour, allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.