Tuesday 5 November 2013

Melbourne Cup Lunch



Today was Melbourne Cup it's a huge horse race in Australia

I remember when I was younger the girls and I would get all dolled up  wear our facinator, high heels and make our way to Doomben to have a few champers and just have fun.

As a mother of 3 age 5 and under that does not happen very often in fact I haven't celebrated Melbourne Cup for a few years now except today 10 of us decided it would be nice to celebrate Melbourne Cup so off we went to a nice restaurant to celebrate with the rest of the nation. We were all dolled up, facinators and hats were in order, today's lunch was not so much about drinking or the horse racing really as no one in the table gambles but it was more of a good excuse of having good food, a good chat with good friends.

I am now at the WhiteCottage in my comfy shoes waiting for the pasta to finish boiling so all in all it has been a good Melbourne Cup Day.

Cheers,

Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment