The other day I had to cook something sort of quick well in the sense that I didn't have loads of time for preparing a dish for dinner so I just made WhiteCottage pork ribs in a aromatic rosemary tomato salsa, it is easy, it is not gourmet but it is delicious, it is full of flavour.
10 pork ribs
1 onion (diced)
1 tsp Hungarian paprika (sweet)
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chicken stock (Massel*)
400g tin tomatoes x2
2 sprigs of rosemary
a handful of fresh sage
1. saute onion in olive oil when soft set aside
2. in same pan brown the ribs on both sides
3. add the onions, hungarian paprika, chicken stock, rosemary, sage
4. Cook on slow heat for approximately 45 minutes or until meat is tender, stir occasionally.
5. when fully cooked remove the rosemary sprigs.
*I usually use Massel or Vegeta stock because they are gluten free, no MSG or artificial flavours added.
* Chicken can be substituted for pork.
This dish is very rustic it is super easy we ate it with a side of green beans.
The Cupcake Lady