Monday 14 November 2011

white cottage restoration projects




I got this vintage buffet at a good price it needed a lot of TLC as you can see in the photo. The mesh had to be replaced, it needed a new coat of paint...as I paint everything and anything in white.

After





The kitchen buffet I am so proud of the end product. It took me a few days to restore as I had to take the whole thing apart, I was able to contact someone who supplies to antique furniture restorers, as I wanted to keep the buffet as original as possible. I have kept all the nobs and handles. The buffet was painted antique white.

The buffet now sits proudly in our family room, and it now holds all my cook books and T.G. Green cornishware.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karla,
    I love your blog and the photo's of the beautiful restoration work you have done. I have a lovely little old chair that I would love to have restored in the anitique white finish you have given to your furniture. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, thanks so much it means a lot to me, i can have a look at your chair and see if i can restored it for you. yes the white finish always make things look so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete