Monday 21 November 2011

Upcycled chest of drawers




I found this chest of drawers at the recycling centre it was in really bad shape but I could see it had good bones, as I was walking out of the recycling centre I bumped into a family friend who looked so concerned when she saw me carrying this old thing, I later told this story to my mother and I wondered what must of been going through our friend's mind. I wondered because when I started restoring furniture it took lots of convincing of my parents that  I could upcycle vintage furniture, and before they knew it I was rumbling through their shed and as my stepdad said "you could have anything in the shed that is old not the new" and with that I was happy.



The end result

I am so happy with the chest of drawers I love the legs. it sits between our kitchen and dining - family room, it's great because I have been able to store my linen napkins,  notecards and some of the kids projects. On top are some of my magazines and my vintage white flower vase made in Portugal another find in an opshop. I love to have fresh white flowers all around the house, and finally, the art is made by my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment