Tuesday 22 September 2015

Flowers make me happy

The weather is finally warming up and we are enjoying all the spring sun, one thing that has happen in all this hot weather is that lots of our crop has gone right into flowering, we might not enjoy the broccoli but we are definitely enjoying their flowers, the snow peas and beans are growing fantastically.

The vegetable patch looks alive with all the colours, every morning I enjoy the kitchen window view, this is what I see.

It was my Father-in-law birthday over the weekend, I made a Lemon cake for the occassion and what better way to enjoy the beauty of grown edible flowers than to decorate a cake.


 The cake was delicious, there is nothing more satisfying than knowing that the cake was made in our kitchen and decorated by flowers that we grow in our garden. 

Happy feeling.  
Karla 


No comments:

Post a Comment