I made my Raspberry Cake yesterday well in fact I made two one for us and one for Farmer Joe to take to work, This cake is so delicious and easy to make, I will be making loads of them for the next few weeks as Christmas gifts.
After few tweaks here and there I have the right recipe, it's easy, delicious and makes the perfect gift.
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g frozen raspberries
1. pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. grease a 20cm round cake tin
3. beat butter, caster sugar and vanilla with an electric beater until creamy
4. add eggs and beat
5. add self raising flour and milk and beat
6. add 100g of frozen raspberries to the mix and mix well
7. pour the mixture into the baking pan
8. Decorate the top with the remaining 50g frozen raspberries
9. bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (check with a skewer if it comes out clean it is cooked)
10. wait 5-10 minutes and turn cake onto a wire rack to cool then dust with icing sugar.
Additional: To make it more special decorate with fresh raspberries.
You can substitute gluten free self raising flour for normal self raising flour.
* I used a tin with the whole in the middle for this cake but I usually just use a normal cake tin.
and VOILA!!!! enjoy, The cupcake Lady