Monday, 19 May 2014
Creamy Chilli Seafood pasta
I have had this recipe for a long time I think it came out of one of the free books from the supermarket. I have adjusted it to our taste and to fit to our family.
Why I love these kind of recipes is because;
1. During the week I don't really have the time to cook elaborates meals
2. I like to cook yummy food that will not break the budget
3. Just because a meal is never going to make the pages of Gourmet magazine does not mean it is not yummy and spectacular
As a small child I grew up eating simple rustic full flavoursome food and I am doing the same for my little family. I hope you enjoy it too.
CREAMY CHILLI SEAFOOD PASTA
500mls thickened cream
1TBSP diced fresh basil
1 TBSP diced fresh thyme
2 TSP sea salt
1 1/2 TSP chilli flakes
2 TSP ground black pepper
1 onion diced
1 cup diced parsley
500g seafood marinara
1/2 cup tasty cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Boil pasta until al dente
2. While pasta is cooking pour cream in a frypan and cook over medium heat, stir constantly until about to boil.
3. Add herbs, salt, chilli, pepper, onion and parsley and simmer for approx. 8 minutes
4. Add seafood marinara and cook for approx. 5 minutes or until it's cooked
5. Add cheese, stir and serve
*For a side dish I always make my very own simple salad
Rocket leaves, sliced pear, shaved parmesan, a dash of balsamic vinegar, a dash of olive oil and a dash of sea salt.
For a gluten free option just use the gluten free pasta but just make sure to keep an eye on the pasta as it cooks faster.
My children love this pasta dish but what I usually do is take the portions out that the kids will eat and then add the chilli.
My children love garlic bread so I heat a shop bought one but if you have the time to make your own garlic bread from scratch even better.