Wednesday 29 January 2014

Back to school

Today was the first day back at school, our oldest munchkin has started grade one, how time has flown it was only yesterday when I remember him being born, I still vividly remember the baby smell and now he is nearly six. 

This morning we talked about what the next year will be for him, all the new exciting things he will learn and discover. When we arrived at school he was so excited to meet his new teacher and to find out where he was sitting, you couldn't wipe his smile off his face when he saw his little mates. We left the children in the classroom and us parents had a lovely morning tea at the school. 

I baked a whole bunch of cupcakes for the staff at the school and it was hilarious to hear they are happy that the baking and eating feast is commencing again as my favourite past time is baking, but a girl can only eat so many cupcakes before looking like an oompa loompa if you get my drift, I love how they say it is bad for their waistline but let me tell you about these people they are all fab and fit so a cupcake here and there will not make buttons fly.
 
I picked my little munchkin this afternoon and he had a gift from the teacher to let them know the school classroom is a safe place, then on the way home we stopped at the park and bumped into some friends from school, we had a play and a chin wag, as we hadn't seen each other since the end of school last year, after a while it was time to go home for dinner and a bath.

As I write this post my little munchkin is all curl up on the couch with a book in his hand.

What a great first day of grade one.

For my little munchkin who is always so happy and smiley I love you so much.

Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment