Saturday 5 October 2013

The Cupcake Lady - Zucchini Slice

I really enjoy Zucchini Slice but has never been able to make a good one, and I know it's one of those dishes that are easy to make yes it's easy I know this NOW but let me tell you my history with Zucchini slice, Zucchini fritters I love them and I think they are the most delicious thing on earth and I had always thought you just throw in this and that and Viola there you have it a fantastic meal, I did that and it was awful.

I kept thinking of my friend/ex flatmate Lauren she had this amazing Zucchini fritters recipe and believe me they were the most Yummo things I have ever tasted unfortunately she lost the recipe and we can not remember the quantities after all this was 10 years ago.

A couple of weeks ago I had some Zucchini Slice so today I asked my trusty Chef Google and VIOLA!!!! I have conquered the Zucchini Slice and I am proud to say:

"This Zucchini Slice!!! is easy peasy anyone can make it" and I won't be lying.

It's Delicious perfect for a day like today.

Enjoy,

The Cupcake Lady 
Zucchini Slice Master Chef :) 




Ingredients

5 Eggs
150g (1 cup) self raising flour, sifted
375g Zucchini grated
1 large onion, finely chopped
200g rindless bacon, chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
60 mls (1/4 cup) vegetable oil

Method

1.Preheat oven to 170c
2.Grease and line a 30x20cm dish
3.Beat eggs in a large bowl until combined,
4.Add the flour and beat until smooth then 
5.Add zucchini, onion, bacon, cheese and oil and stir to combine
6.Pour into the prepared pan and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through

No comments:

Post a Comment