Monday 22 July 2013

Homemade Takeaway

Mondays are pretty busy around here its the start of the week and its the day I am Domestic Goddess Extraordinaire well not today. 

Today I had two of my girlfriends for morning tea which turned into lunch next thing I knew it was time to go and get the munchkins. I found myself in a conundrum I hadn't prepared Dinner usually today I wack everything and anything I can find in the fridge and pantry on the slow cooker but because I was too busy shoving chocolate cake and chin wagging (as farmer Joe would call it) I didn't do that normally it would not be a problem but today is one of our busiest day as the boys do soccer.

so it got me thinking a colleague of mine used to tell me that on sport days they would do drive thru take away and although there is nothing wrong with drive thru takeaway now and then I figure out it would be probably faster for me just to make my homemade takeaway white cottage burgers and salad and you know what I surprised myself it was done and dusted in 15 minutes it's delicious, I know this because the munchkins told me :) 



INGREDIENTS

500g beef mince
1/2 brown onion thinly slice
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 egg
a pinch of dry oregano
salt and pepper 
olive oil
Green Salad
Hamburger buns

METHOD

Combine mince,onion tomato paste, egg, oregano, salt and pepper
Heat olive oil and pan fry the patties

Fill the bun with the Pattie and salad.

 for the salad I made a small marinade of olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a pinch of sugar.

This food is simple and easy just perfect for a day like today.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Cheers The cupcake lady
 

No comments:

Post a Comment