The holiday oh yes the Holidays it was great we potted around we ate our breakfast even though sometimes it took an hour I even managed to read a book who would thought!!!
Well that was last week that was the past, now to this week where for the next 11 weeks I will be a headless chook running to school and taking the munchkins to the numerous activities.
In saying this a couple of weeks ago I made Chorizo and Cannellini Bean soup it was delicious I had to tweak it a bit to give it more flavour and its the easiest QUICK most delicious dish we have tried in a long time and it's perfect for days like any day this week where time is limited.
Here is Iris's Recipe
CHORIZO AND CANELLINI SOUP
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1/2 kg fresh chorizo
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ground pepper
- 150g baby spinach
- Smoked paprika to garnish soup
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped chorizo and cook, stir occasionally, until browned and cooked through transfer Chorizo to a plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in same pot. Add onion, garlic, and thyme sprig. Cook stirring occasionally until onion is softened add beans and chicken stock and cook crushing a few beans to thicken sauce.
3. Place Chorizo back onto the pot add water to thin if necessary, season with salt and pepper if needed
4. Add spinach and cook for a couple of minutes or until wilted.
5. sprinkle with Paprika, serve with toasted Sourdough Bread
with love from Iris